26 October 2007

How I Spent My Summer Vacation...

I spent the summer rafting on the Payette River. This trip I got together with a few high school buddies and we ran the Cabarton stretch on the north fork. Class III-IV.
This particular sequence is us hitting "Howard's Plunge" a notorious little rapid known to swamp inexperienced rafters. Of course with me guiding... it was a piece of cake!




I love the look of intensity everyone has right before we go in!



This is my "Hero" shot




Now we're having fun!


We ended the day with some wicked-scary cliff jumping!


It took me about 20 minutes to work up the ole' "What the heck..." courage

There's no going back now!

Oh yeah!
The old man's still got it... just don't tell Ky!

6 comments:

BrookandDBeckham said...

I am so sad I missed that trip. It looks awesome.

kc and k said...

I'm pretending you photoshopped those pictures.

But I'll admit, it looks like a blast!

said...

Where's the backflip into the water? (just kidding) Nice pics!

kc and k said...

Rick, Don't give him any ideas!!!
For my husband's safety sake, maybe its not such a bad thing that you live clear across the country. :)

Dirt said...

Don't worry Ky... this has been an inside joke between Rick and I since high school!

kelsey said...

I didn't know you were a river guide! Way to conquer Howard's Plunge.