29 November 2007

Juliette and the Licks




Those who know me well know that one of my passions in life is music... of course, I have very particular tastes in music... Ska, Funk, Rasta, Punk... often bands no one has ever heard of.

And with my love of music goes my love of watching it performed live... where you can feel it penetrating deep into your soul... where you leave the show feeling like you've changed somehow... for the better.
One of the bands I have grown to love over the past few years, JULIETTE AND THE LICKS, happens to fronted by an Academy Award Nominated Actress who was once engaged to Brad Pitt... Juliette Lewis. All that "hoop-la" aside she writes and sings very good music. Kylene was with me when I bought their debut EP years ago and I have never looked back.

Finally, with the release of a new album they stopped by Boise to play a few songs. Kylene and our friends, Aaron and Emily picked up some tickets and caught the show. It was amazing... both opening bands were great... Sufrajet and Scissors for Lefty.
When the Licks came out I ditched Ky and our friends and watched the show from the front row with my arms leaning on the stage. I did the whole fan thing and grabbed her hand and screamed a few "woo-hoos" now and again... She even asked me to help her down from the stage during one of her songs so she could sing while walking around in the crowd. Plus it was fun being one of the only ones singing along every word to the playlist! Good times!

4 comments:

kc and k said...

She is a crazy-good performer! Dito with the good times!

said...

Man, I've really got to get out more. I haven't been to a good concert for a long time. You're always inspiring me.

christy said...

i love juliette lewis, didn't know she had a band. i don't follow music much but that's fun to know. i'm sure she's an awesome performer.

BrookandDBeckham said...

I was so jealous when I heard you and Ky went to that concert. It sounded like so much fun.