02 February 2008

Staff Picks

If anyone still checks this blog... I am adding a new feature on the right column, the STAFF PICKS. This will be updated regularly with my recommendations of MUSIC, MOVIES/TV, and BOOKS.

I am always trying to stay current in the music scene and thought this might be a good way of introducing people to bands they've never heard of or might not consider in the first place. I figured I might as well add movies and books while I'm at it.

I am also brainstorming with a few friends of mine and we are trying to come up with a definitive list of "must-have-in-your-record-collection" Boise bands. This list will be posted in the next few days. So check back soon!

2 comments:

cory said...

It's been a long time since I've looked at your blog. It's nice to see you updating it. I have my own, but have only made one post and it wasn't a real post. I like these Staff Picks--I assume you are the staff...

I got two books written by Tom Brown Jr. that I know you will like. His field guide "Nature and Survival for Children" and "The Way of the Scout". He has several more which I'm sure I will get incrementally.

Check out his website on the tracker school that he teaches. It's in New Jersey. Tom Brown, Jr's Tracker School. I really want to get one of his knives, and just about everything else.

Dirt said...

Tom Brown Jr. is quite the guy. I would love to go to his tracker school.

He was also the technical adviser for the film "The Hunted" starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio del Toro. The film was shot in Portland and his knife is basically one of the characters as well.